Journal Schmidt's Deodorant //

/
0 Comments
Much has been heard about it a few years of strong suspicions brought on the usual deodorants and antiperspirants trade, which would have carcinogenic effects, particularly due to the penetration of aluminum salts in the skin barrier made particularly by sensitive irritation and micro-cuts of hair removal. This scandal was the beginning of my adventure in the land of natural deodorants, and my quest for the perfect product that would combine full efficiency and quality of ingredients.
In a few years and after numerous tests (at least 8 different brands, if I calculate well), two big names have come off the lot: the Soapwalla, first, to its incredible efficiency and organic label and the Lavanila , marks discovered in the United States, for its ideal combination of pleasure to use and actual protection. Unfortunately, each of them also has a big flaw: the Soapwalla eventually provoke me systematic irritation, which forced me to give it up, and Lavanila is not available in Europe.
Among the potential candidates for the best natural deodorant in my life, however, he still had a renowned reference test: the Schmidt's, a range pot made in Oregon, USA. I finally decided to give him a chance there about a month and a half, by first choosing the version fragrance to minimize any risk of reaction.
I come now offer a detailed review of this product, which had seemed to intrigue you during my last "beautydiscoveries" and share with you my impressions. I was conquered, too, with this cute little?
deodorant-naturel-schmidts
Composition
Schmidt's deodorant is 100% natural, vegan (no animal products) and certified cruelty-free, but not organic. It contains no aluminum salt, no paraben. Unscented version 6 also summarizes impeccable ingredients: shea butter, baking soda, arrowroot powder, cocoa butter, vitamin E (a natural preservative) and extract hops. In the scented versions, one must also count on the presence of essential oils.
Good point for the shelf: the container is glass, which is a neutral material. It is always the best option, especially for oily or aqueous products, especially since they absorb certain toxins in plastics.
deodorant-naturel-schmidts2
Aspect et texture
Because of its waxy mixture of butter and powders, the texture of this deodorant is very compact, brittle and solid at ambient temperature. A small plastic spatula supplied with the pot used to take the right amount of product scraping the material to obtain the equivalent of a pea. Manic hygiene I appreciate it!
It is only when exposed to heat skin the texture becomes creamy and creamy - this can delay a little when in the middle of winter and we have cold hands, but it is very fast when it's softer.
Besides its originality, this particular format is the longevity of the pot: without having to remove much every time, it easily lasts several months (I would say 3 months or more, as needed).
deodorant-naturel-schmidts3
Application
Given its size wax, deodorant Schmidt's has the particularity to apply with your fingers under the armpits, as Soapwalla! This is a gesture that may seem strange at first, but which one gets used very quickly.
However Warning: this product contains sodium bicarbonate, potentially irritating to use on sensitive skin, it is quite important to take the time to apply it properly if you're the type to allergic reactions. The first time I used it, I made the mistake of spreading in a hurry, without having heated properly which caused me red patches and itching for days - not very pleasant, you will agree.
My application technique is very precise: I roll the material between my fingers to warm gradually, until it becomes creamy. I then crushed and spread out for a while on my fingers, and then when all is well distributed, I press my fingers area by area on my armpits by melting the product against the skin without spreading. It is the friction of bicarbonate against the epidermis that educates, and we must therefore avoid. In this way, and alternating occasionally with a homemade mixture to HE Palmarosa, I have not at all been concern!
After application, it is essential to wash hands as there remains the matter. I find it that unlike Soapwalla, it is quite difficult to remove all residues: there is usually like a waxy layer that I end eliminate a small towel. Fortunately, with the release fragrance this poses no concern, but perhaps this is more problematic with versions containing essential oils (at least it is better to avoid touching the eyes after!).
deodorant-naturel-schmidts4
Effectiveness
Side efficiency, deodorant Schmidt's did not steal its reputation: it protects particularly well against bad odors, and, throughout the day. Except in special cases, you can trust it. Although it is not antiperspirant (and all the better, block a natural process of the body is never very good), I do not feel for me to moisture problems, no doubt thanks to the powder absorbent used in its composition.
***
WITH
I had heard a lot of good in this deodorant, which I totally understand given its impeccable composition and effectiveness confirmed.
However, I can not personally think of it as a favorite: experiencing the simplicity of Soapwalla, it was enough to collect and apply by tapping, or Lavanila whose similar texture is available in stick, here I find the application process very slow and a bit laborious. When I'm in no hurry in the morning, why not, but I often have to hurry up and rail against the loss of time (relative, we agree!) That I suppose.
Nevertheless, I continue to use it for the next few months as this is the best option that is within my reach at the moment, but I dream of only one thing: to return quickly to the United States to remake me a large stock of Lavanila deodorants, definitely my big darlings. What a pity we can not find in our region!
Schmidt's Deodorants between € 9.99 and € 11 at Birchbox, Ecco Verde or Bazaar Bio.
Do you know this deodorant? Do you agree with my view?


You may also like

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.